Monday, June 30, 2008

Updates from the last month

I've been terrible about keeping up with this blog, but I'm doing what I can, so here it is. I know I've missed sharing lots of bloggable moments, but these are the ones I jotted down...

+ After helping me whip cream for Grandpa's strawberry shortcake birthday cake, Hannah turned to me and said, "Thanks for letting me be your taster. I preciate that."

+ My dear husband was grocery shopping for us and grabbed a box of Target-brand cheerios, just like the list said. He accidentally grabbed the "honey nut" kind, though they're virtually identical in the store brand packaging. I only realized what they were as I was serving them to the kids... too late.
H: Are these the honey ones!!??!??
Me: They are. (nonchalant)
H: WHERE did you get them? At Grandma's house?

+ Matthew increasingly wants to be just like his big sis. She prefers to drink out of a normal cup, not a sippy cup. We still use sippy cups when dining in small spaces (on the tray of the booster chair, etc.) because of constant spills there. We let her drink most of her drink and then take the top off so she can finish it "like a big girl".

Matthew held his cup up to me the other day and demanded, "Big girl! Big girl!" He wanted me to take that top off so he could do it, too. :)

Matthew awakes... more later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey Nut Cheerios do come from Grandma's house, what are you talking about!? LOL