Sunday, June 1, 2008

From Matthew's Mouth

Our little man is talking a ton. He's a delight... when he's not whining.

The other day Matthew brought a box of ABC books to the couch where I was sitting. He handed it to me and said, "Share. Nice!" Just like I praise him when he shares with others.

Matt-Man, as dubbed by our friend Sarah Brown, is quite a flirt. He bats his eyes, tucks his chin, tilts his head and smiles. He was doing this number at breakfast the other day and Hannah said, "He just flirted at me!"

Hannah and Matthew were eager to go downstairs after breakfast but I was still cleaning up and asked them to wait. "We can go downstairs and be nice to each other," Hannah promised. I agreed to let them try it since I was almost done and she started to show Matthew how to go down the stairs on his belly, knowing he's not totally safe in socks on the wooden stairs forward. He exclaimed happily, "Idea! Idea!" Just like I tell him, "That's a good idea." Too sweet.

His most common mealtime chant: Meat!! More meat.
The boy ate 3 turkey franks on Memorial Day. 2 pieces of deer sausage (thanks, Martins!) for breakfast the other day. He is a hardcore carnivore!

No comments: