Sunday, June 1, 2008

Catching up...

Here are some fun updates from Hannah:

ON CLOTHES:
To me: "I want you to wear short sleeve pants, just like me because it's so nice outside. You'd be hot, hot, hot."

Daddy comes downstairs wearing clown-like, orange and white striped warm-up pants from U of Tennessee (a joke from a colleague at work), and says, "What do you think?" Hannah: "They look good, Shae."

Emerging from her room w/last year's jacket dress, "This still fits me! The arms are like capris."

On LIFE:
- While dropping Aunt Amy off at the airport, Hannah saw a group of soldiers wearing camo. "Why are they all wearing the same outfit, Mommy?" "Because they're soldiers, honey." "Where are their swords?" (Such a good question from my sweet 3-yr-old who know soldiers from Bible stories...)

- Shae and I like to tease each other and get Hannah's input. Shae asked, "Who is sassy, Mommy or Daddy?" "Mommy!" she replied with too much confidence. "Then what is Daddy?", I asked. "He's GREAT!"

- 5:00pm whine time. Daddy's out of town. Hannah complains, "I want to eat dinner at a restaurant." I explain that we're not going to, etc., and remind her of her recent trip to McDonald's with her cousins. She retorts, "McDonald's is not a restaurant." Yes!!!! I must have done something right! :)

But then a few days later, she spies McD's while we're running errands and asks to go there. It's 3:00pm and we have groceries to buy, so I explain that we're not going to do that now. "But McDonald's is open!" She's figured out how to tell: there are cars in the parking lot.

- I'm waiting for Hannah to do her pre-nap potty try while I sit on her bed. She comes in to ask what I was doing and I say, "Picking my nose." Then I hear my own voice coming out of her mouth, "Hey, let's not say that." Pause... "You can't put 'em in your mouth."

2 comments:

Atticus! said...

My favorite one of them all is the last one about picking your nose (-:

Sammy said...

I am very amused by your little fashionista! :)