Monday, January 14, 2008

Me(a)l-o-drama

Hannah has been eschewing crusts for some time now. I don't really know what to do; I've tried the eat them if you want _________, the "they're really the best part", removing them, etc. Today, I offered some more peanut butter on her plate to dip them in with her apple. After consuming all the apple and PB, she said, "I didn't have time to eat the crusts."

During the holiday barrage of treats, Hannah was delighted at the increase in sugar in our house. As she ate a cookie with relish, I said, "You are a sugar girl!" She promptly began to sing, "Sugar girl, sugar girl, sugar all the way" to the tune of Jingle Bells.

Varying from the binary options I usually present, I offered Hannah carrots, apple or pear after she'd had some crackers for a snack. She asked for cereal. I repeated the first options and she said, "Say cereal!"

I asked Hannah what she had for snack at school last week and she said, "Clementines with crust-es!" I asked for clarification and she said, "The crust-es were the same color as the clementines." Oranges with the peel on?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! :)