Monday, December 3, 2007

Lots of belated posts...

+ Hannah said she was finished with her cereal the other day but she hadn't eaten much. I asked her if she wanted to take a few more bites and as she set it on the table, she said, "No. I'll just put it here to dry."

+ Thoughts on gender:

- "Matthew's a boy because he can't wear my skirts"

- While playing with playdough, I remark, "That's a beautiful star, Hannah." She replies, "No, it's not. It's a boy star."

- While I'm doing a workout video, "Do daddies exercise?"

- "I have a question for you. Why do men not wear clothes at night?" (Shae sleeps in his boxers!)

+ Hannah offers Matthew a toy. He pushes it away. Frustrated, she says, "He doesn't want it! I want him to want it."

+ After breakfast this morning:
Mommy: Are you all done, Hannah?
H: No. I want fridge.
Mommy: What do you want?
H: FRIDGE.
Mommy: You want something from the fridge? What do you want?
H: Yes, I want FRIDGE.
Mommy: I'm sorry, honey, I don't know what FRIDGE is.
H: You know, it's just a treat you eat when dinner is ready.

Mommy thinks to herself, racking her brain, realizes Daddy was in charge while she was shopping yesterday... remembers she made some Christmas treats.

Mommy: You mean you want fudge?
H: Yes! That's it!

4 comments:

Leah Miller said...

Did she get the fudge? :)

Lisa said...

Not for breakfast. :)

Sammy said...

Aw, man. That's too bad. Nothing like a piece of fudge first thing in the morning to get you going. *wink*

Oh, and Lisa - will Hannah let you finish an entire exercise video? What does she do while you're working out. I'm collecing ideas, here.

Ellen said...

The little linguist obviously has some catching up to do! I can't believe she didn't know such an important vocabulary word. (Though I must admit I'm not surprised---her Aunt Ellen lives too far away to help train her. ) And, by the way, I hope someone gives the little darling at least a small piece of fudge next time!!! :)