Sunday, July 1, 2007

Perfectionistic procrastination

A word from Mommy: Here I am *finally* and I am just going to write the few things I had jotted down this week... no more waiting until I have everything together. :) I had a long list of great sayings and I have misplaced it, alas. Since I can't find it, I won't wait any longer.

+ As we came over the top of the hill near our neighborhood park, Hannah looked down on the 4th of July carnival set up and exclaimed, "Oh my gosh!" So cute to hear those words for the first time out of her mouth.

+ When I told her some friends were coming to play, she said, "How fun is that!"

+ Mimicking me, she sat in the rocker in Matthew's room, wrapped the boppy around her, leaned back and said, "Here's the deal..."

+ I've offered Hannah some juice when working on potty training as a special treat to increase fluids, etc. She knows it's only for when we're working on the potty, though. She declined it the other morning and when I offered several hours later, she said, "Mommy, I said no."

+ We love the things she picks up on from books and games, etc. She saw some coins on the counter (2 nickels, 1 penny), and asked me, "Which one is different?" Just like the game in some of her coloring books. :) She also loves to mimic the questions I ask: "Why do you think...?"

+ Hannah is very dear to Matthew at times. He was putting some non-food object in his mouth behind my back yesterday and Hannah came up to him gently and said, "No, honey. No, honey."

More to come...

No comments: