Sunday, May 20, 2007

Food fun

Before I left for Colorado last week, I didn't have much produce in the house since I knew Shae wouldn't be eating too much in my absence. I offered Hannah an orange or an apple at breakfast. She asked for a banana. When I told her that I didn't have any bananas, she said, "WHAT?!" I think it's the first time I haven't had bananas on hand.

I baked some cookies today just before lunch and Hannah was begging for some, of course. We told her she could have one after lunch. She ate it excitedly and then asked for another. I told her she couldn't have another with her lunch but maybe later for a snack. She asked, "Is it snack time now?"

Much to my chagrin, ranch dressing is one of Hannah's favorite things. She'll eat just about anything with it. And she'll eat it off her fingers without dipping anything in it--a habit we're trying to discourage. She had carrots & dressing at lunch today and Shae said to her that he'd take it away if she ate it off her fingers. Hannah said, "Take it away." Shae looked at her to see if she meant it and she clarified, "Take the carrots away." I tried not to laugh. :)

1 comment:

Sammy said...

I thought of this Hannah story today as Sammy was forgoing his yellow pepper and eating forkfuls of ranch dressing. Bleh.