Monday, November 17, 2008

No but(t)s about it

+ Matthew sneezes. Hannah exclaims, "That was a big icicle booger!" Descriptive child!

+ Responding to some bit of disappointing news, Hannah sighed, "That's how my life goes."

+ Apologizing to Matthew, Hannah said, "I'm sorry but-" I cut her off, explaining "No buts, Hannah." She said to me, "I didn't mean 'butt' like bottom, Mommy! Just 'but'."

+ H: I really like Sasha.
Mommy: What do you like about her?
H: Her Barbies.

+ I recently praised Hannah and Matthew when they were playing well together, telling them how happy it made me to see them getting along and being kind to one another. Later, Hannah complied with some instruction I gave her then said, "I obeyed right away, Mommy! How happy does your heart feel now?" So dear, yet I don't want her to think that obedience is for the sake of Mommy's happiness... ay!

1 comment:

Leah Miller said...

Haha.

Yeah, that's a hard one. I have that trouble with my little people-pleaser. Sometimes, when we're just hanging out, I say to him, "Calvin, when you are so naughty and don't obey mommy, you know what? I still love you so much!" I'm hoping that will balance out. :)