Saturday, September 29, 2007

Rainy cheese

We've had some hilarious conversations in the last month. My favorites from this last week:

Lunchtime. I cut up cheddar cheese for Hannah and she requests "rainy cheese".
L: What kind of cheese do you want?
H: Rainy cheese.
L: I don't know what you mean, honey. What is rainy cheese?
H: You know.
L: No, I don't know.
H: Yes, you do. RAINY cheese. You know, when it thunders and there's lightning and the sky is dark. RAINY CHEESE!
L: Rainy cheese? I don't know what you mean, honey. This is the only kind of cheese we have in the house--cheddar.
H: Rainy cheese, like this (makes rain motion with hands.)
L: Do you mean grated cheese, like this? (I get out the grater. I guess it does kind of look like it's raining cheese when you do it!)
H: YES! Now you understand.

No comments: